Digital work flow on a semi-rotary platform
The DWF system provides聽a seamless flow from CIP3 files to:
- Tests: Calibrated screen or printer.
- Plates: CtP processed.
- Printing: Setting of ink flow at each station on the press.
Quality and traceability assurance for each batch produced.
Homogeneity and consistency from the start and in repeat orders
DWF: Components and performance
- Calibration of the press setting the inking profiles of each station.
- Pre-inking both for first print of orders and for repeats.
- Jobs Library. Storage of inking profiles.
- Touch screen and mouse for modifying the inking profile completely or only in some areas.
- Motor driven Blade segments of ink ducts controlled from HMI touch panel.
Makeready times and wastage similar to or lower than for digital and rotary printing
Benefits of combining Mida Maquinaria semi-rotary platform and DWF of ELTROMAT.
Reduced make ready times.
- Semi-rotary platform: Reduced web path and fully automated pre-register. The register will be kept at variable speed.
- Inking: Pre-inking governed by machine calibration and jobs library.
- Homogeneity of inking during production.
- Consistency in repeat jobs.
- Elimination of subjective approach to hue, colour, etc.
- Inking tuned up without stopping production.
Once the pre-press is finished, anilox rollers or digital printing don鈥檛 give any room for fine tunning whereas DWF printing offers, besides homogeneity and repeatability, the ability to fine tune the ink flow in a controlled way, easily and quickly and without stopping production.